Let me go ahead and name a few:
1. There are soooo many social networking sites!! I did know there was a lot but, I’ll be completely honest…I didn’t know there were over 200!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_social_networking_websites
2. I learned about the power of LinkedIn, I have heard about how the site has actually helped so many people find jobs/careers!
4. I learned what a new blogger should and shouldn’t do…two major points: whatever you do don’t get discouraged and always have a plan before you blog *
5. I learned many new social media terms…SEO, SEM, flash mob, blimple, lurker, troll, just to name a few…
6. I learned about the rise of the 2nd internet…”The social internet” http://www.davidhenderson.com/2011/04/02/the-scary-fast-rise-of-the-second-internet/
7. I learned about how social media can really help in the classroom…
9. I learned of the possible advancements in social media…quite exciting.
10. I learned so much more about how the social media world than I knew before…
11. And most of all I have learned how social networking sites are SO beneficial to many people around the globe…we can never forget how lucky we are to have access to the internet and all the great sites that can be found in it that are FULL of information.